This is an exciting opportunity for professionals to join the board of the Young Westminster Foundation (YWF) to help shape our strategy and implement our vision. You will be helping develop an innovative organisation and make a real difference to young people’s lives.
Founded in 2017, YWF is a cross-sector community of member and partner organisations that collaboratively shape opportunities and work to create the best services for the 71,000 children and young people in Westminster. Our vision is for all young people in Westminster to grow up healthy, safe and happy with the best opportunities for brighter futures.
The Foundation has passed through its ‘start-up’ phase and has built a small team and Board of Trustees. We are now looking to grow the Board further. We are seeking a range of individuals who have an interest in helping young people and can help contribute to the following skills, expertise and knowledge required overall by our board:
- Finance – accountancy, audit – Treasurer position available
- Research – to support our needs analysis work
- Youth work experience and charity experience
- Fundraising and business development including strong local networks and relationships in Westminster
Trustees are unpaid and will be expected to attend regular board meetings (every 3 months) in addition to joining a relevant sub-committee. We need a diverse mix of people with different backgrounds and levels of skills including strategic thinkers and doers who can provide hands-on support to develop the charity.
Trustees are appointed for a term of three years.
Trustees are main legal duties and responsibilities include:
- To ensure that the charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit;
- To comply with the charity’s governing document and the law;
- To manage the charity’s resources responsibly;
- To act in the charity’s best interest with reasonable care and skill; and
- To ensure the charity is accountable.
Interested? Please send your CV to Philip Barron, CEO: email@example.com by 28th June 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in July by Trustees and a young person. The position will start from September 2019.